The document herein is a casual processing and formatting of the official stipulations, based on public texts published in the Official Gazette.
(1) In the context of the emergency ordinance herein, the licensed gambling operator is the gambling organizer, namely the legal person who was granted the license for organizing gambling and an authorization of gambling exploitation, issued by the Control Board of the National Gambling Office.
(2) As stipulated by the emergency ordinance herein, the traditional gambling comprises all the games included or not in this legal document that meet the criteria mentioned under art. 3, which are performed via the gambling equipment installed on the Romanian territory and are not transmitted or played by any communication systems (internet, hard line or mobile telephone and any other transmission systems).
(3) In the context of the emergency ordinance herein, the long-distance or online gambling is the gambling stipulated or not in this legal document that meet the criteria mentioned under art. 3, which are solely played via any communication systems (internet, hard line or mobile telephone and any other transmission systems).
(4) The communication equipment for online gambling organization refers to computer-based systems and networks, which include the server of the gambling organizer and all its components, the operation systems connected to it, the mirror server, the back-up server and the game software.”
(5) There will be allowed as payment instruments within the gambling exploitation, defined under art. 10, par (10), those payments instruments used in the financial-banking system (bank drafts, transfers, deposits), the monetary means, including the bank cards, provided that all payment means utilized by the natural persons of age involved in gambling hold information about the natural person having operated the payment instrument. For the online gambling, defined under art. 10, par (1), letter h)-m), the payment instruments and the monetary means, including the cards, need to be operated by banks in Romania. The licensed gambling organizer in Romania will make all the transactions only via the bank accounts opened with banks located on the Romanian national territory.
45. In the annex, point 2 will be amended and will have the following content:
“2. The minimum value of the share capital subscribed and paid-up on the day of application for requesting the license for organizing gambling (*1)
47. In the annex, point 4 will be amended and will have the following content: “Special fees:
D. Administrative fees for requesting the license for organizing online gambling:
(i) fee for documentation review: €2,500 paid upon filing the application form for requesting the license for organizing online gambling, along with filing the documentation stipulated in the emergency ordinance herein;
(ii) fee for license issuance: €8,500 euro/year/license.”
H. For the organizers exploiting the online gambling as it is defined under art 10 par. (1) letter h)-m) in the emergency ordinance herein: a minimum amount of RON 1,000,000
License Class 2: for the legal persons in the gambling sector, both land-based and online, as well as the bodies of evaluating the conformity and accredited by RENAR, called ‘companies specialized in this business line’, the amounts are as follows:
(i) the operators providing management and hosting facilities on the gaming platform: €6,000/year;
(ii) the economic operators carrying out the activities stipulated under art. 20 par. (1) in the emergency ordinance herein: €6,000/year;
(iii) the payment processors: €6,000/year;
(iv) the companies manufacturing and/or distributing gambling software: €6,000/year;;
(v) the associates: €6,000/year;
(vi) the certifying companies: €6,000/year;
(vii) the auditors: €6,000/year;
(viii) the bodies of evaluating the conformity and accredited by RENAR: €6,000/year.