The gambling platform
The gambling platform represents the computer-based environment that belongs to the processing system of the gambling organizer, regulated in this present section, connected to the system of the monitoring and reporting operator and available to the player via the distance communication means, by which the organizer manages the gambling activity.
Minimum criteria that need to be met by the gambling platform:
1. the interaction, in real time, with the system of the monitoring and reporting operator and with the player;
2. managing the gambling formulas and of the gambling sessions;
3. acquiring the right to participate in the game;
4. granting the prizes and the related payments;
5. assistance and notification to the players;
6. free teaching of the games.
The gambling platform guarantees fairness, integrity, feasibility, safety, transparency and confidentiality of the activities and functions, as well as the fairness and promptness of prizes payment.
The gambling platform guarantees memorization and data trackability concerning the gambling sessions spreading over a 5-year period and adopts solutions that facilitate the access to information so as to perform the action of monitoring, supervision and control by the monitoring and reporting operator authorized by the Department of Public Finance and the competent control organisms.
The gambling platform guarantees the service continuity, by adopting high-feasibility systems and is developed and maintained according to the methods and technologies that are aligned to the latest standards in this field.
The gambling platform is equipped with safety features that are able to guarantee the protection against the unauthorized accessing and inalterability of the changed data.
The software components that the player has to install in his own system, upon the request of the gambling organizer, is virus-free and provides the exclusive connection to the site of the authorized gambling organizer.
The gambling platform and the data transmission networks guarantee the already established requirements.
The gambling, as well as lotto and mutual betting organizers, taking place via the internet-type gaming, hard cable or mobile telephone communication systems, will take any and every appropriate measures to reduce the risk of secret deals, ‘game framing’ and denies the acceptance of betting deposits, should there is suspicion about secret deals.
The gambling, as well as lotto and mutual betting organizers, taking place via the internet-type gaming, hard cable or mobile telephone communication systems, do not provide gambling services to people under 18 years of age.
The gambling, as well as lotto and mutual betting organizers, taking place via the internet-type gaming, hard cable or mobile telephone communication systems, make sure that their employees, suppliers or any people directly involved in the gambling activity do not have access to the participation of the games of the respective organizer.
The economic operator filing to require a licence of organization and authorization of exploitation for gambling activities must meet the following general criteria:
1. is established as a Romanian legal person within the legal limits, with its main activity object ‘gambling and betting’, CAEN code 9200, and the share capital has been issued and paid in the amount stipulated in the emergency ordinance;
2. holds, directly or via a shareholder/partner, a licence of organization and authorization of exploitation for gambling that are specific to the activities of the casinos with at least 20 tables that are authorized or for slot machine-type gambling for mínimum 500 seats or for fixed-odds betting with mínimum 100 agencies or for bingo activities organized via the television network systems;
3. owns the gambling means and the technical equipment that provides the assistance for the organization, exploitation and transmission of gambling;
4. has employed personnel, trained and with expertise in the IT sector;
5. declares the processing of personal data, by notification, to the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing, in compliance with the current legislation;
6. has concluded a monitoring contract with a monitoring and reporting authorized operator, within the legal limits, in accordance with the commission-approved model, proposed to be approved prior to starting the monitoring activity of the gambling organizer;
7.owns all the technical equipment that provides the organization and transmission of gambling activities on the Romanian territory (mandatory requirement) – an exception from this stipulation applies to the gambling organizers that are authorized in another member state of the European Union, who owns the technical equipment required to function on the territory of a EU member state, while having the duty to connect them to the systems mentioned under art 191 in the emergency ordinance.