Did you know about…the first casino in Malta?
Boasting an impressive design, Dragonara Casino, the oldest gambling oasis in Malta, is a love at first sight.
When talking about Dragonara Casino, we can rightfully say that it is a one-of-a-kind blending of luxury, glamour and desire. The imposing building was erected in 1870, as a vacation home for Emanuele Scicluna, a banker ranked marquis in 1875.
The Palace was converted to a casino, in an attempt to turn Malta into a hot spot for tourists. The beautiful building, located in the vicinity of 4- and 5- star hotels by St. Julians Peninsula, became the first casino of the small state in the year of 1964.
Investments of million euros
The representatives of Kursaal company were the first owners of Dragonara Casino. The Casino went private in 1999 and was operated by French managers with Hotel & Casino Group Barriere until June 2010. Later on, the location was passed to Dragonara Gaming Limited for administration. The company invested more than 14 million euros in acquiring gaming equipment, latest technology and for the building restoration.
Enticement for clients
Dragonara Casino features 286 slot machines and 19 game tables where guests can play American Roulette, Blackjack, Punto banco, Dragonara Stud Poker and Three Stud Poker. The Casino is open non-stop for its clients, whose minimum age is 18 for foreigners and 25 for the Malta locals. The poker tournaments take place here daily. The amenities made available to the guests include free parking, bars and restaurants serving food and drinks selected from the best menus worldwide.