More Than $137 Million Awarded To PoperStars Players In Huge Spring Championship Oo Online Poker In 102 Events With 1.7 Million Entries.
One of PokerStars most popular annual tournament series, the Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP), has awarded a massive $137,085,201 to PokerStars players, exceeding its original $100 million guarantee.
The Series, which kicked off on April 4 and concluded yesterday, attracted 1,721,556 entries across the 102 events featuring Low, Medium, and High buy-in levels. As well as the coveted SCOOP title and prize money, every SCOOP champion will receive a special SCOOP trophy to commemorate their win.
All six Main Events surpassed their guarantees, awarding a total of more than $19.1 million:
$6,640,000 prize pool – 664 entries – $10,300 No Limit Hold’em 8-Max Main Event High – ‘kZhh’ took down the event for $878,781.
$5,903,000 prize pool – 5,903 entries – $1,050 No Limit Hold’em 8-Max Main Event Medium – ‘livinmydream1’ was crowned the winner for a payday of $838,908.
$3,891,300 prize pool – 38,913 entries – $109 No Limit Hold’em 8-Max Main Event Low – First place went to ‘Cantaloupe91’ for $376,086.
$1,340,000 prize pool – 134 entries – $10,300 Pot Limit Omaha 6-Max Main Event Large – ‘kaju85’ won $263,099 for first place.
$935,000 prize pool – 935 entries – $1,050 Pot Limit Omaha 6-Max Main Event Medium – The champion was ‘Odonkor1’ who took home $153,356.
$439,100 prizepool – 4,391 entries – $109 Pot Limit Omaha 6-Max Main Event Low – ‘DaCus3’ topped the field for a first-place prize of $59,989.
“It has been amazing to see the PokerStars community come out in force for SCOOP and enjoy the schedule, promotions, and giveaways we have put together,” said Severin Rasset, Managing Director & Commercial Officer, Poker, Product and Innovation. “SCOOP is one of our most popular series and players look forward to it all year. This year’s series brings the total prize pools awarded to SCOOP players over the years to more than $1 billion, which is a huge achievement and all thanks to our community. Here’s to next year!”
SCOOP success stories include:
– PokerStars Ambassador Fintan Hand secured his second SCOOP title, winning Event 82-H for $232,156. In last year’s SCOOP, Fintan took down Event 69-H for a $73,652 payday.
– Fellow PokerStars Ambassador Mason Pye won his first SCOOP title after taking down Event 69-M for $6,729.
– Benny “RunGodlike” Glaser won his sixth SCOOP title, taking down Event 68-H for $29,549. Glaser has won at least one title every year in SCOOP since 2018.
– Teun “tinnoemulder” Mulder, who has won SCOOP, Stadium Series, Blowout Series and WCOOP titles over the past 18 months or so, has added a SCOOP title to his accolades winning Event 33-H for $247,089.
– ‘Zapahzamazki’ was crowned Player of the Series in the SCOOP leader board and won the High SCOOP leaderboard.
– ‘FONBET_RULIT’ topped the Low SCOOP leader board and ‘aleksandrs10’ won the Medium SCOOP leader board title.
– Brazilian players secured the most SCOOP wins with 50 titles under their belt.
– To give players a break from the busy SCOOP schedule and for those that competed in the Player of the Series race, no official SCOOP events took place on Fridays.
SCOOP in Southern Europe wrapped up last week awarding more than €17.8 million, exceeding its original €15 million guarantee. Over in Pennsylvania SCOOP is well underway, so far awarding $1.32 million across the first 69 tournaments. Finally, NJSCOOP and MISCOOP will run simultaneously from May 8 to 24, with $1.2 million and £2 million guaranteed, respectively.
You should read also the news from HERE.