The second annual BiG Africa Summit & Exhibition which was held at Emperors Palace Convention Centre, Johannesburg South Africa, took place on the 6th to 8th October 2014.
It focused on the development of online gaming regulations, online lottery, latest gaming technology, gaming opportunities and the African gaming market. This event was attended by big names in Betting and iGaming industry from across the globe.
The event was sponsored by BetConstruct, GoldBet, World Sports Betting, and Bettor Logic. Along with the Platimun sponsorship, BetConstruct unveiled a stand exhibiting its betting and gaming technologies, alongside other national and international exhibitors with the likes of Meridian, Betrader, Tom Horn Enterprise, BETDATA, as well as, National Responsible Gambling Programme and Proudly SA showcasing their products and services.
The summit began with a keynote presentation from the chair, Professor Linda de Vries of the University of the Western Cape. “I feel that a summit like this is important where key industry players can get together to discuss issues within the industry.” said de Vries.
Her presentation was followed by Yahaya Malkori from Law Allianz in Nigeria who delivered a presentation on entering the Nigerian gaming industry.
There were debates and presentations from high-level speakers such as Professor Brian Kantor, Chief Economist & Investment Strategist, Investec Wealth and Investment.
Deputy Minister Geordin Hill-Lewis of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) gave a presentation on gaming legislation and the action plan for online casino regulation in South Africa. He was more than happy to answer any questions that the audience had.
Other speakers included:
• Tyrone Dobbin, CEO, Sportingbet South Africa
• Michael Weare, Managing Director, Betting World
• Daniel Kustelski, General Manager: Sun International
• MacDonald Netshitenzhe, Chief Director, DTI
• Alpheus Matsebula, Compliance Product Manager, Bally Technologies
• Lance Micheal, LM Bookmakers
• Mark Bosman, Commercial Director, BetTech Gaming
• Daniel Swartzkopff, Founder and CEO of BetVIP
• Suren Khachatryan, CEO, BetConstruct
• Andrew Dagnall, CEO, Bettorlogic (UK)
• Jonathan Hoehler, Key Accounts Manager, Digitata Limited
• Andrew McHenry, Chief Coin Collector, Rorotika Mobile
• Marc Samouilhan, Director, Betting Partners
Gary Jackson, Director SI and Technology Partners APAC
“I am so happy we exhibited at the BiG Africa Summit, our company is from Slovakia and this is great exposure in South Africa, with people that are interested in our products, we will definitely be returning next year.” said a representative from Tom Horn Enterprise.
Yudi Soetjiptadi, Project Director of Eventus International said “The Summit has grown tremendously from the previous year from about 50 attendees to over 100 this year.”
The next meeting, 3rd Annual Betting & iGaming Africa Summit & Exhibition will be held at Emperors Palace, Johannesburg, South Africa on the 12-14 October 2015.