Poker players Daniel Negreanu and Doug Polk agree to start heads-up grudge match November 1st
Polk And Negreanu Sort Out Match Details On Social Media
Doug Polk and Daniel Negreanu will start their highly anticipated heads-up grudge match November 1st.
Polk angrily tweeted at Negreanu in an effort to goad him into picking a start date for the heads-up no-limit hold’em battle.
Negreanu responded to the tweet, saying that he had spoken to Mori Eskandari and Brent Hanks and that he knew Polk had been in touch with them as well. Negreanu threw out November 1 as a start date and Polk agreed.
It turned into a seven-tweet thread where they reiterated the details of the match and realized what details still needed to be sorted out.
The pair will play two tables of $200-$400 heads-up no-limit hold’em online. They will start with 100-big blind stacks that will automatically top up to the max as soon as a player falls below the threshold.
The two will play a 25,000-hand match with an option for the losing player to quit after 12,500. At the same halfway mark, if both players agree, they can raise the stakes.
Negreanu said that he would agree to a two-hour minimum session length and also agreed to Polk’s “inspection request” to ensure that neither player was using real-time assistance such as solvers or equity calculators.
Negreanu also said that he is okay with the match being streamed and commentated by high-stakes pro Kane Kalas, but that he would not be showing his cards.
Polk’s only contention was that he wants to play more than two hours per day, citing concerns that it would drag out the match for 100 days. Negreanu said he was hoping to play 4-5 days per week, totaling about 20 hours.
If the two can figure out which platform will stream the match and which online poker site will host it before the end of the month, the duo could likely end their longstanding feud before Christmas.