Face masks are require, starting Friday June 26, to all guests playing in casinos from Las Vegas after new cases of Covid-19 emerge.
The Nevada state government has mandated all casinos to require guests to wear face masks as of tomorrow (Friday June 26).
Many casino operators had already voluntarily imposed the measure in their venues. Caesars had encouraged customers to wear masks by rewarding them with cash.
More than this locations were providing masks for free to all the visitors.
MGM Resorts International Acting CEO and President Bill Hornbuckle welcomed governor Steve Sisolak’s decision. He said in a statement: “Given the public health situation and the reports of new cases, we support the Governor’s decision to require masks in public places and will begin to enforce according to his guidelines. At MGM Resorts, we have put health and safety at the center of all we do, and this will be a modification of protections that make up our multi-layered Seven-Point Safety Plan.”
In line with MGM, Wynn Las Vegas released a statement saying: “We applaud Governor Sisolak in his decision to require face coverings for everyone in public, including those visiting a resort. It is a demonstration of his commitment, shared by all of us, to keep visitors to Las Vegas safe, as well as our employees and local community. Mandatory face coverings have had no impact on the ability of our employees to deliver great guest experiences Similarly, we believe face coverings will not diminish the unique experiences only Las Vegas can offer visitors.”
Meanwhile, Caesars’ CEO Tony Rodio said the company was committed to health and safety protocols: “We are immediately requiring everyone in our properties to wear masks, because the scientific evidence strongly suggests that wearing masks and practicing social distancing may be the most important deterrents to spreading Covid-19 from person to person.”